Forum > Sidebar

Temperature rate conversion

(1/2) > >>

Agrajag:
I brought this up in another thread somewhere so mightn't have gotten noticed. I would find useful to have a temperate rate conversion below the existing temperature conversion feature on this forum. When I'm looking at someone's profile in F it would help me with the RoR conversion to C (although it's nearly half/double.. it would help to get an accurate figure)

It's a simple conversion:

F rate to a C rate is C = F / 1.8
C rate to an F rate is F = C x 1.8

SusanJoM:
Here's another way to get the same information:

Download the .alog file.
Convert it to F or to C.
Then change the deltaBT axis to reflect the rate difference. 
Here are three profiles .  The first is the original in C.  The second is converted to F.  The third is the converted file with the BT axis adjusted to 1.8 X it's original setting of 50.

JerryB:
Susan,
Are these grafts from your settings in Artisan? If so, are the setting file posted somewhere here on the forum?

thanks,
Jerry

SusanJoM:
Nope.  Not mine.
I poached this one from here:
https://www.hukyforum.com/index.php/topic,952.0.html

edtbjon:
Yes, the Fahrenheit scale is rather tricky when being used to the Celsius scale. (It would be rather strange to use e.g Fahrenheit in Sweden with Anders Celsius being swedish and all... :) )
The conversion rate mentioned by Agrajag is correct, but the offset isn't mentioned. I.e that 0C (freezing point) is 32F. Unless you take that offset into your calculation, you're almost 20C off target. E.g a nice 20C outdoor temp (Again, I'm Swedish. We don't have polar bears on our streets, but we usually concider anything above 25C to be too hot when being in Sweden.) ... So 20C does not translate to 36F, but rather 68F.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version