Forum > Roasting

New Roast Profile Database Site: www.artisancoffeealliance.com

<< < (2/7) > >>

JavaBuzz:
Good suggestion Susan. However, as far as I can tell, it looks like I don't have rights to sticky a forum topic. :)

FYI, when uploading a profile on the site, there is an optional field (Roast Rating) where a person can set an estimate on the quality of the roast. So if unsure of how good a roast is (which I'm guessing is many of us), one can always set the roast quality option to a lower amount (such as "Good" or "Fair") and/or put notes in the Roast Notes section.

There is also a Share Level option when uploading a roast, and this can be set to Private to hide the profile/upload from everyone but yourself. This is a good way to test out uploading one's first roast. If desired, the Share Level can be increased later on (in the Edit section) to share the profile with others.

SusanJoM:

--- Quote from: JavaBuzz on June 15, 2016, 02:08:46 PM --- it looks like I don't have rights to sticky a forum topic. :)

--- End quote ---

Now you do.

e.p.alx:
This is brilliant Javabuzz, the idea is one thing but that's hell of a project to see into fruition. My hat's off to u sir! (I don't actually have a hat but u get it..)

Wo ai Coffee:
Thanks For the hard work Javabuzz . I am always looking for others profiles to compare and get ideas from. It can save a lot of trial beans knowing what profile to aim for for a certain regions beans.
Joel

JavaBuzz:
Susan,

I added information on the website in Roasting Theory, Practice, Questions, Profiles. I then locked the topic, stickied it, and then added a link back to this post for discussion. I hope that makes sense to you.

Also, thank you e.p.alx, wo ai coffee, and LTB for the thank-you posts!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version