Forum > Pictures

Do you roast STANDING UP or SEATED?

(1/2) > >>

PabloElFlamenco:
Do you roast STANDING UP or SEATED?

I'm setting up my Huky and thinking of putting a "story" op top of my existing tabletop.  This would permit me to store some items under that "higher-up" shelf.

It would also make it simpler to roast STANDING UP (seated would be a bit less convenient).

How do you roast?

Thanks your useful pointers before I engage myself to one or the other!

Paul

SusanJoM:
Some of both.  If I had to stick to just one, it would be standing. 

My HUKY is on a high table (an old drafting table), and I have a bar stool available for settling onto when things are going very smoothly.  But there is no way I could sit still for the entire roast. 

Wayneg1:
Seated for me.  I have one of those portable tables I picked up from Costco and a padded chair.   :)

navystan:
Are we talking about restrooms?  Just kidding.  I do both.  When I get down to the final minute, I'm usually standing.

PabloElFlamenco:
I went ahead and bought a 100 x 61 cm x 1.8 cm board and fixed it onto a leftover "chassis" from some IKEA dont remember what, looks like I"ll be mostly working upright.  Tomorrow we'll be fixing (with quick-setting cement mix) the gas line and smoke exhaust pipe.  I also affixed some rubber strips onto the steel pan below the IR stove, so that it doesn't tend to slip.

All going well, I should be roasting by week's end, Wednesday and Thursday I'm doing a wine-run to the Alsace region, so Friday is the target.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version