Forum > Pictures

Fan Speed Controller

<< < (3/3)

SusanJoM:
So when you mention 'the knobs' you are talking about the damper control on the exhaust tube?
I just leave that wide open.  In fact I'm having it removed entirely from my J tube, although with the J there doesn't seem to be any trouble with clogging the way there is with the T. 

yobasan:
Yes yes. Damper - that word escaped my brain for some reason.
Okay. I'm gonna try leaving everything open, and minaly adjust kPa for RoR.
Thank you and sorry for taking over the post. I guess we came back full circle in saying that variacs are not necessary.

Phil
ATL, GA

Gregr:
Coming up on 3 years that I've been using that fan controller.
Personally I think a low setting on the fan is perfect- not too much at all. Once first crack is over I raise it up significantly but for the rest of the roast it stays right at 20%.
I look at the fan as an emergency brake slash nitrous slash bean evener ;D  Awkward...
At high settings it can very quickly lower the temp in the drum and reduce the bean temp delta. At mid levels it can give big burst of heat and at a low setting [throughout] the beans roast very evenly- something I take for granted now but really appreciated coming from a Hottop and Behmor.
So what I'm saying is love it, use it- don't ignore it! But do ignore the damper- it's not needed with a decent fan controller.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version