Forum > Roasting

One bean two roasters, three profiles

(1/5) > >>

Chert:
First graph is perforated drum.  The espresso had pop of flavor amidst sweetness and richness.  The repeat on the perforated comes close.  The solid version is too acidic, lacks the pop.  The bean is Sweet Marias Colombia Urrao.  I enjoy it quite well.

Second graph is attempt to replicate, perforated drum.

And third graph is solid drum, trying to match same profile.

I am going to look at this to try to learn something as time allows.  And I invite comments and thoughts.

SusanJoM:
Thank you Chert ! ! !
This is a first for us, right?  Having a perf/solid comparison? 
I'm glad someone with more expertise than I took it on. 

Chert:

--- Quote from: SusanJoM on May 18, 2017, 09:44:21 AM ---Thank you Chert ! ! !
This is a first for us, right?  Having a perf/solid comparison? 
I'm glad someone with more expertise than I took it on.

--- End quote ---

iT DOESN'T REALLY SHOW ANY (oops - sorry about the capslock) thing,  but I did enjoy the roasts from the perforated drum.  Also insulated like my solid drum roaster.  I roasted 15 batches with the perforated.  I would describe the comparison in my unexact way as "non-inferior"  I enjoyed teh coffee as well as from the solid.  Impossible to say if better or not as good.

These profiles are quite simiilar.  Too bad I did not save smidges of all three for a direct compare.  I am still comparing the two roasted on the same day.

Chert:

I found the solid was a bit tastier as espresso this morning.  And I am enjoying them much more now than early week.  So I guess they are now at peak of rest.

So many variable.  My subjective impression is that the H1 has done marginally better, overall with this coffee, these profiles.

Obviously, it proves nothing... but very fun to compare even so subjectively.

I am not sure if I made clear at the start.  Both roasters are insulated and the perforated drum was spun at the rate an 18 volt dc power supply turns it (40 rpm?), the solid at 54 rpm.

SusanJoM:
Here's that insulated perforated H1 back in Santa Rosa again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version