Forum > Data Logging

Artisan 1.1 has been released.

(1/2) > >>

SusanJoM:
This from Marko:

Dear Supporters,

Artisan v1.1 is now available for download for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and RPi from its GitHub home!

<https://github.com/artisan-roaster-scope/artisan>

The main new features are a mechanism to store and recall sets of roast properties and support for Probatone roasting machines as a result of our recent collaboration with Probat.

All users should upgrade to benefit from the many small bug fixes applied to this version. Upgrading is simple! On Windows and Linux just run the v1.1 installer, on Mac OS X just remove the previous app, mount the dmg and move the new app to your disk. All your configurations and application settings will be perservered!

This is yours!

Thanks for supporting Artisan!
Marko

Chert:
Thanks for the tip!

Installing I go.

Chert:
I had some trouble installing.  I may try again, but once installed on Linux Ubuntu 16.04, there were serious issues.  Made my computer crash trying to run it and also just trying to move through the configuration menu. I ended up removing 1.1 and reinstalling 1.0 and I'm back in business.  I was on the artisan email list but fell off.  Guess I'll climb back on after awhile and embark again on the latest version.  But 1.0 works great for me so no worries.

SusanJoM:
There have been just enough times when Marko's response to installation issues has been "ah....yes....thank you...I'll fix that" that asking there is good for everyone.  Even if you can use 1.0 reporting what might be a bug in 1.1 would help everyone;  and if you're the bug someone will get you sorted.   

SusanJoM:
Here is what Marko has told us:

It seems that some Linux installations are not compatible with my current build setup and the reason is somewhere deep in a lib I am using or in the build setup itself. I have not enough knowledge on Linux and am about to stop producing packages for this platform which only a few are using while it takes me 80% of my total build time.

I don't know anything at all about Linux/Ubuntu, but for now it seems that SOME users are not going to be able to use Artisan 1.1.  If  you are not having a problem, then good....that's what we like to hear;  if you are then you might want to revert to Artisan 1.0.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version