Forum > Maintenance and Mods

Beans stuck in T Pipe

(1/4) > >>

Wayneg1:
I had Mr. Li make this T Pipe without dampers because I think that is the main issue.  I could have left the exhaust damper but I don't use it so I had it removed also. It's not perfect and needed a couple of goofy mods for the time being, but after two roasts not a single bean stuck in the pipe and charging is way faster.

edtbjon:
Wow, that's a first! :)
It wasn't too long ago it was reported that no exhausts could be delivered without a damper. I guess Mr. Li has had enough number of requests to reconsider his construction.
I see that you've adopted my funky aluminium top cap too. :)

SusanJoM:

--- Quote from: edtbjon on June 23, 2017, 01:53:49 AM ---Wow, that's a first! :)
It wasn't too long ago it was reported that no exhausts could be delivered without a damper. I guess Mr. Li has had enough number of requests to reconsider his construction.
I see that you've adopted my funky aluminium top cap too. :)

--- End quote ---

I've got one of my J-pipes at the welder's shop right now having a port installed for some more Phidgets, and at the same time I'm having the damper flap removed.  It is definitely the appendix in the system; unnecessary for those of us who use an electric controller of some sort to adjust the fan.   Brilliant of you Wayne to have had Mr. Li do that for you. 

Was this a new/separate T that you ordered with the modifications ?  If so what did was the cost? 

Wayneg1:
So far I'm very happy with it. That damper is definitely an issue with the beans deflecting off of it when charging.  I need to have a more professional style cap made next.  I'm also using the aluminum foil chute to block the exhaust side at charge.  You can see where the damper pins were when you look in the pipe.  He did a good job on the mod.  This was an additional T Pipe purchase; I still have the original T.  BTW it costs $42 plus shipping for this piece.  Cheers.  :)

Brewzologist:
I just ordered my 500T and contacted Mr. Li to substitute the T-pipe without dampers in my order.  He did this without an additional charge.  Now I have to think of a better "cap" for the T-pipe!  :D  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version