Forum > Roasting

Any thoughts on this roast graph?

(1/4) > >>

folkery:
Any thoughts on these roast graphs?

First roasts charged at 450 first crack came at 730-8 minutes

second roast charged at 470 used more airflow towards the middle of the roast and FC came at 9 minutes.

Wayneg1:
It would help to see more info like fc temp/ time and end of FC. Seems underdeveloped to me but that may be what you were aiming for.  It's easy to setup the events. You can also right click the graph and add them.

folkery:
Ok. I will make the changes. Just realized on my second roast I neglected to reopen the damper... :'(

hankua:
Try charging at 350f and getting back to 300f in 5-6 minutes. Then dropping the roast at one of your previous end points; 422f and 429f while trying to keep the RD phase (first crack to drop) 2:30 or less. This would be a more traditional type profile for high grown washed beans.

folkery:

--- Quote from: hankua on June 25, 2017, 01:48:15 PM ---Try charging at 350f and getting back to 300f in 5-6 minutes. Then dropping the roast at one of your previous end points; 422f and 429f while trying to keep the RD phase (first crack to drop) 2:30 or less. This would be a more traditional type profile for high grown washed beans.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Do you mean first crack to drop should take 2 minutes 30 seconds?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version