Forum > Beans

Any deals on 50# bags of coffee out there?

<< < (2/2)

Mayowarlord:
Genuine Origin has been a pleasure to work with. They do 65lb boxes though.

jasonclick:
I ended up buying a 22# bag of the Crown Jewels and 2x 5# bags off of Amazon

edtbjon:
With all the excellent support that you can get in this and other forums, I guess that most of you newcomers can get to a good basic roast plan within some 10-20 roasts or so. There is nothing wrong with copying a good profile when you're learning. I've been roasting on the Huky since before the birth of this forum and I can tell you things was different back then... we used to live in a cardboard box in the middle of the road... (sorry, wrong forum :) ) Anyhow, with all the sharing of specific Huky profiles, it's easy to find something that works and is "middle of the road", from where you can fine-tune and tweak different phases to really pull out the best of a good coffee.
What I'm trying to say is that some 10# or so to learn the roaster is a good idea, but 50# of mediocre beans is a waste of time and money. It's much better to try to roast excellent beans (once you've past that first hurdle of learning the roaster) as good as the local professional. Even if it takes a year to get close you will get very good coffee which only is different from the "perfect" profile, not necessarily inferior. (Much what Wayneg1 is pointing out...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version