Forum > Pre Purchase

Connecting to PC

(1/2) > >>

Iroast:
I'm putting parts together wanting to make a purchase. I have two questions.
1) When Mr. Li sent me the accessories it only states in the list USB cable for connecting. Do I have to purchase the Phidget for connecting to PC?
2) What Thermometers do you'll recommend (needed)? Is the Center 301, dual input enough?

hankua:
There are others as well; check out Artisan for a list. The inexpensive one on EBay works, not sure about the long term. There's a new Amprobe on the bay missing the USB wire as well.
Mastech MS 6514
https://www.ebay.com/itm/141555186876

SusanJoM:
If you order any of the Centers from Mr. Li you will also need the USB cable that he offers to connect to your PC.  Two inputs will work;  many of us like three so we can display BT, ET and MET.  If you use a Center you won't need a Phidget.

If you buy a Phidget new you will get a USB cable with it.

Iroast:
Hankua, thanks for, "check out Artisan for a list"
I can do more research.

Susan, "many of us like three so we can display BT, ET and MET"
That's good to hear. So it sounds like I'm supposed to only purchase ONE thermometer, so the usb would connect computer to thermometer, not multiple thermometers.

SusanJoM:

--- Quote from: Iroast on July 19, 2017, 06:40:27 PM ---So it sounds like I'm supposed to only purchase ONE thermometer, so the usb would connect computer to thermometer, not multiple thermometers.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.  You can get a Phidget (which will allow up to 4 thermocouples).  You can get an Amprobe (which will give you 2).  Or you can get a Center (the 301 will give you two I think, but there is another which will give you more).  As Hank pointed out, there are  other options as well;  those are the ones I'm most familiar with.  The Phidget is what I use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version