Forum > Pre Purchase

500T "footprint" size

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brewzologist:
I am currently building a cart from spare lumber.  I want room for the Huky, exhaust and cooling fans, and a laptop.  The approximate size of the top of the cart is 4 feet long and 2 feet wide.  I could have made it 3 feet long but wouldn't want it any smaller than that.  I would suggest you lay out our Huky and think about your workflow and let that guide your decision on how much space you need.

Steve

SusanJoM:

--- Quote from: JDP on July 28, 2017, 12:03:20 PM ---https://m.harborfreight.com/large-steel-tool-cart-with-locking-drawer-90428.html

--- End quote ---

I think that tray top will be in your way.  You won't be able to get your hand to the needle valve for adjustments;  (you really want a flat surface to work on.)   And you don't need a drawer right in front of where you will be standing or sitting.  Keep looking.... ;)

JDP:
Thanks SusanJoM! I ended up getting a larger cart with a flat surface. Unfortunately, I purchased a Huky from a member here that decided to ship it by putting everything in a small box with almost no padding so it arrived broken and unusable.

hankua:
Gee, that's a bummer; is the machine and parts beyond repair?

JDP:
Most of the parts are but I think the roaster itself may be salvageable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version