Forum > Introduce Yourself

Hello from a roaster looking to someday upgrade

(1/2) > >>

roastgrindpull:
Hello, I've been roasting for over a decade starting from stir crazy/whirley pop to freshroast 300/500 and then the Behmor 1600.  I started getting serious about espresso lately and looking into the related forums I was amazed at the home roasting kits available today. So I'm going to start learning about the roaster options so that I can find what is right for me.  Huky is definitely an option to consider.

Happy Roasts!

hankua:
Great choice before going pro; if you can find a used one in good condition it'll save some money.

Bunkmil:

--- Quote from: hankua on August 07, 2017, 10:01:17 AM ---Great choice before going pro; if you can find a used one in good condition it'll save some money.

--- End quote ---

I agree however they are hard to find! I've been looking for a used Huky for a while and haven't found anything yet...

Maybe by the time I find a used one I'll have the budget to buy it new ;)

SusanJoM:
We don't offer a Buy/Sell board here, but there were at least two HUKYs offered recently at H-B. 

Unfortunately at least two new members here have reported receiving used HUKY's in not very good condition, so be sure to ask for detailed pictures and other assurances before you buy used.

Igneous88:

--- Quote from: SusanJoM on August 07, 2017, 10:29:28 AM ---
Unfortunately at least two new members here have reported receiving used HUKY's in not very good condition, so be sure to ask for detailed pictures and other assurances before you buy used.

--- End quote ---

Also worth mentioning is that the resale value is usually pretty good.  When I was looking for a used Huky, they were going for $1500-$1600 USD.  I ended up purchasing new and I'm glad I did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version