Forum > Pre Purchase

Newbie - Considering an Order

(1/2) > >>

bradenl123:
Huky500T 1180$
Replace ET analog with digital
72rpm motor (what are the pros and cons of a higher rpm)
Solid Drum

IR Stove 99$
Extra MET 18$
Extra Tray 16$
Extra Fan 48$
Extra Bowl 49$
Extra Funnel 14$

I like rhawea's setup for the independent cooling. I will also get Phidget. Is it easy to connect probes to phidet? Is there anything I'm missing that will allow me to get that extra oomph? Also this could be a stupid question...is the IR Stove independent or does it connect to a tank? Final question: is there anything I need to make repairs or replacements along the way?

Thanks,

Braden

edtbjon:
Ah, I replied to your other thread just now, but here goes.
The order looks good. The only thing that I have found out to be a good extra item is an extra Thermocouple at about $20.

The Phidget connects very easily, just get a case for it.

For the IR burner you do need a tank. I use the smallest propane tank available (about a US gallon size), but anything will do. Apart from that you may have to find a gas pressure regulator with just a bit more oomph than a standard BBQ regulator. 50mBar/20inH2O will do nicely. (It's the same idea as with this one at MillCityRoasters, but I guess there are cheaper ones available.)

Last, try to find some kind of voltage regulator for the exhaust fan. Again, a router controller will do nicely, while a light dimmer is a bit too small for the job.

SusanJoM:

--- Quote from: edtbjon on August 16, 2017, 06:03:33 AM ---Ah, I replied to your other thread just now, but here goes.
The order looks good. The only thing that I have found out to be a good extra item is an extra Thermocouple at about $20.

The Phidget connects very easily, just get a case for it.

For the IR burner you do need a tank. I use the smallest propane tank available (about a US gallon size), but anything will do. Apart from that you may have to find a gas pressure regulator with just a bit more oomph than a standard BBQ regulator. 50mBar/20inH2O will do nicely. (It's the same idea as with this one at MillCityRoasters, but I guess there are cheaper ones available.)

Last, try to find some kind of voltage regulator for the exhaust fan. Again, a router controller will do nicely, while a light dimmer is a bit too small for the job.

--- End quote ---

Mr Li will send you the regulator you need for the propane tank.  You should do a search and look at the safe way to connect the gas.

Also look in the reference area for directions on how to set up Artisan and your Phidget.

I am not sure I agree that a back-up thermocouple makes sense on the original order.  I know it has happened that T/Cs have failed, but the incidence seems very small, and the MET T/C could be re-homed temporarily while a new one is ordered.  But suit yourself.

The wording of your post is a tad confusing.  You want ONE exhaust bowl...."extra" suggests a second, but you do only want one....

bradenl123:
https://www.hukyforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1129.0;attach=3304;image

Doesn't that show two? So one extra?

SusanJoM:
Heck, I don't even see one in that picture.

But, if you do want two (and it's not unheard of), you will need to factor in another $49.00 since each one is an add on.  There is not one included in the base package.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version