Forum > Beans

What's your preferred brewing method?

(1/3) > >>

Daave:
I have a very nice Lido 2 + Aeropress setup at work that I use twice daily for myself. Here's my recipe:

17 grams of coffee at a setting of 15 on my Lido 2
8 oz of 180F water
Inverted Aeropress
Rinsed paper filter

2 Minutes total:

0 seconds: Pour 3 oz into my Aeropress. Let it bloom.
20 seconds: Stir for 5-10 seconds.
30 seconds: Pour the rest of my water (5 oz) into my Aeropress.
90 seconds: Flip the Aeropress on my mug. Slow 30 second press.
120 seconds: Done!

The Lido 2 is such a great grinder. It works perfect for me at work since it's incredibly fast to grind (Maybe 15-20 seconds total), and it's quiet since it's not electric. My setting of 15 for my grind size also took a while to dial in. I've found that even 1 setting plus or minus gets me a sour or bitter cup of coffee.

At home I use my Brazen Plus. If people are interested, I'll be happy to post my recipe for that as well. It's an awesome drip coffee maker :)

thusband:
I haven't heard of the Lido 2 grinder.  It would be perfect for two people and my Aeropress.  Love that scale too.

Daave:
The Lido 2 & Lido 3 are an incredible value, even though they're $175/$195. Here's a fun thread comparing the Lido 2 to the Baratza Preciso. I should note that I only grind coffee for drip with my Lido. The general consensus is that the Lido 2/3 aren't so good for an espresso grind, but some people say they have had good results for that. The quality of coffee I get with my Lido is night and day compared to the previous burr grinders I used.

The scale is a cheap $9 American Weigh Scale, but it works perfect. I own 2. I also picked up this very nice coffee scoop, which I use to scoop the beans into that little container on the scale.

thusband:
OK, the Lido 2 is on my shortlist to purchase next.

kenneroast:
I have that same scale, and had to retired it for this other fancy pants one I bought. It's really handy in the AeroPress bag. Gregr recently got me drinking more espresso shots, and I pulled that scale out of retirement to monitor the weight during extraction.

There was a time I considered buying a Lido, but steered away from it. I pre-ordered the ROK Grinder, and have been waiting months for it. Hopefully they won't have anymore delays and will ship later this month. I'll likely use it exclusively for cupping my home roasts.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-revolutionary-rok-coffee-grinder#/story

AeroPress is one of my favorite brew methods. In my experience, it has been one of the most forgiving.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version