Forum > Beans

Really like the Lido 3 grinder

(1/5) > >>

thusband:
I've been using a Capresso Infinity for the past 5 years and while OK I thought it was time for a better grinder after reading about how important the grind is.  Good  grinders are very expensive so I started looking at manual grinders and settled on the Lido 3.  I've only had it a day and am still dialing the grind in but I'm impressed.  The workmanship is excellent and the feel and sound of turning the crank is so much better than the noise from my old machine.  I started with a 6 on the grind scale but it was too fine for my Aeropress.  After several grinds I settled on a 12 but will probably tweak that for tomorrow's brew.  It's amazing how consistent the grind size is.  It was about $200 but a good electric grinder can run several hundred bucks more.

Daave:
Awesome, I'm glad to hear you purchased one. My Lido 2 has been great (I use it at work), and I'm considering picking up a Lido 3 as well for home & travel.

I'm not sure how the grind settings on the Lido 2 compare with the Lido 3. I've found that 15 seems to be perfect for me. You can dial it in by making the exact same brew each day and only change the grind setting. You'll find that it it's too coarse it will be a little sour, and if it's too fine it will be a little bitter.

After using the Lido 3 for a while, try using your old grinder again. You'll be shocked at how much better the coffee is with your new grinder.

hankua:
I also use a Lido-2 or Lido-1 for daily filter coffee. The new larger replacement handle is very nice and turns freely.

OE posted some photos on Twitter of the Pharos assembly line with Barb helping out.

Gregr:
I'll be getting a 3 eventually- Daave sold me on it, now I'm just waiting for a travel job to come up so I can have an excuse  ;D

thusband:

--- Quote from: Daave on July 30, 2015, 08:07:15 PM ---I'm not sure how the grind settings on the Lido 2 compare with the Lido 3. I've found that 15 seems to be perfect for me. You can dial it in by making the exact same brew each day and only change the grind setting. You'll find that it it's too coarse it will be a little sour, and if it's too fine it will be a little bitter.

--- End quote ---
I had it at 12 today, tomorrow it'll be at 13.  The cup this morning was a bit acidic (bitter) but that could be the coffee.  the coffee has rested only 24 hours and I wasn't too keen on the roast.

--- Quote from: Daave on July 30, 2015, 08:07:15 PM ---After using the Lido 3 for a while, try using your old grinder again. You'll be shocked at how much better the coffee is with your new grinder.

--- End quote ---
That's a good idea,  I'll do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version