Forum > Beans

and your fan really needs to be taken apart and cleaned but

(1/2) > >>

SusanJoM:
It is one of several parts that are all connected with zipties.
Works a charm, but taking it apart and re-assembling it so often (okay, okay, okay....even once) seems really tiresome, I would like a quick release version.  Sieve > Fan > Vent Bowl > Vent.   Or at least the first three of those.

Click on and click off.   ;D

Slayton:
Agreed.  There are lots about this great little machine that could be better.  I'm still not sure how the vent bowl was supposed to work without modification, or if it was.  Maybe this is all part of the game of being "relatively" early users?

I am incredibly happy with how my Huky roasts coffee.  But functionally, like the vent bowl and the need to alter it to work properly, are there other, little or big things, that we, as users of the Huky, might pass on to Mr. Li to make his machine better and more functional?

SusanJoM:
That is an interesting perspective.
It didn't occur to me that this was something that would go back to Mr. Li.
I just thought I could goad someone into figuring it out as a modification.

So much for my powers of persuasion :-))))

MJ5150:
I've been compiling a little list of mods and changes to my config. I didn't think of this one though, but I like it. I'm working on a nice panel with lighted LED switches to turn the motor and fans on/off.

For me, the Huky price point puts me in a spot where some of this, I have to figure out on our own. If Mr. Li had brought to market a roasting unit with all the bells and whistles many of us are thinking up, I think we'd find ourselves in another price point with the Huky to where it was more of a commercial/business price.

-Mike

SusanJoM:
Okay, well as much as I really hate cleaning, it's time.

I went to great lengths to take it apart without having to remove the zip-tied legs :-))))
Now I have to go find Hank's post on how to clean it.

Edit:  Okay, here's Hank's post
https://www.hukyforum.com/index.php/topic,189.msg3035.html#msg3035

Guess I can't put it off any longer :-((((

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version