Author Topic: Here is the new Quick Connect  (Read 22633 times)

SusanJoM

Here is the new Quick Connect
« on: December 14, 2015, 05:04:05 PM »
These pictures just came along with some updated pricing information
https://www.hukyforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=6

What I do now know yet:  is it an available option if you already have a T???  I have asked Mr. Li and will report back when I know....yes, including shipping costs, etc....:-))))

Edit:  Mr. Li just answered me:  The Quick Connect Upgrade alone is $30.00 including shipping.

Thank you Mr. Li :-))))

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:08:48 PM by SusanJoM »

Offline Johnny4lsu

• Serial Number: No longer own a Huky
Re: Here is the new Quick Connect
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:39:31 PM »
I just shot Mr. Li an email  ;D
1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.

Offline Lee

• Solid or Perf: Solid
  • Serial Number: 785
  • J or T : T
  • Charge Weight : 12oz
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 06:55:47 AM »
Nice.
I hate roasting decaf beans... seriously, what kind of cruel joke is this?

Offline Daave

• Solid or Perf: Perforated
  • Serial Number: 704
  • J or T : J
  • Charge Weight : 350
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 08:07:22 AM »
I like it.

I'm on the J pipe and I don't have any problems with it. Depending on the user feedback of the T pipe and this quick connect, I may consider switching.

Offline brew

• Serial Number: 897
  • Charge Weight : 400g
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »
So what is the purpose of the quick connect?  I assume it is the improve the design but it isn't clear to me what it is for?
"More than half of the accident-involved motorcycle riders had less than 5 months experience on the accident motorcycle, although the total street riding experience was almost 3 years. Motorcycle riders with dirt bike experience are significantly underrepresented in the accident data" -Hurt Report

Offline Daave

• Serial Number: 704
  • J or T : J
  • Charge Weight : 350
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 09:35:58 AM »
So what is the purpose of the quick connect?  I assume it is the improve the design but it isn't clear to me what it is for?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Basically the T pipe has a major problem with beans getting stuck requiring cleaning every 4-5 roasts. To completely clean the pipe, users had to unscrew some tiny screws to remove the pipe that were easily stripped if you weren't careful. With the quick connect, it will be way easier to remove the pipe to quickly clean out stuck beans.

Offline venerablemonster

• it's all in the reflexes
  • Solid or Perf: solid
  • Serial Number: 682
  • J or T : T pipe
  • Charge Weight : 500g
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 10:12:33 AM »
Honestly, I just went ahead and removed the screws and just fit the t-pipe on when it's roast time. It sits secure without the screws. Still a cool looking option for those who's pipes don't sit securely, screw-free.
sic parvis magna

Offline Wayneg1

• Global Moderator
  • Serial Number: 825
  • Charge Weight : 400
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 03:34:40 PM »

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Basically the T pipe has a major problem with beans getting stuck requiring cleaning every 4-5 roasts. To completely clean the pipe, users had to unscrew some tiny screws to remove the pipe that were easily stripped if you weren't careful. With the quick connect, it will be way easier to remove the pipe to quickly clean out stuck beans.

I just cleaned mine after about 5-6 roasts and the result was maybe 6-8 beans falling out.  I didn't unscrew anything, I just slid the fan/exhaust bowl to the side and tilted the Huky to the side and the beans fell into the drum.  Maybe it's just me, and I'm lucky, but I've never had the major problem of "stuck beans" issue.

Offline rawman

• Solid or Perf: Starting with perforated but I have a solid as well
  • Serial Number: 842
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 05:43:44 PM »
These pictures just came along with some updated pricing information
https://www.hukyforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=6

What I do now know yet:  is it an available option if you already have a T???  I have asked Mr. Li and will report back when I know....yes, including shipping costs, etc....:-))))

Edit:  Mr. Li just answered me:  The Quick Connect Upgrade alone is $30.00 including shipping.

Thank you Mr. Li :-))))

Hi Susan,  I assume this means it's available for anyone with a Huky model-T, right?

I'm having a terrible time with stuck beans.  I have done a bunch of test roasts with old beans but have yet to attempt a real roast with good beans.  I guess everyone doesn't have this issue but if I leave the fan on at all when I drop, I end up with lots of stuck beans.  The first time I took the pipe off to check I had 20grams of beans fall out.    I now drop without any fan on and that makes it a lot better but I still get lots of stuck beans.   I was starting to wonder if maybe my Huky was defective, or maybe I'm just Huky illiterate.  Maybe this will help?

SusanJoM

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 06:03:52 PM »
Hi Susan,  I assume this means it's available for anyone with a Huky model-T, right?

I'm having a terrible time with stuck beans.  I have done a bunch of test roasts with old beans but have yet to attempt a real roast with good beans.  I guess everyone doesn't have this issue but if I leave the fan on at all when I drop, I end up with lots of stuck beans.  The first time I took the pipe off to check I had 20grams of beans fall out.    I now drop without any fan on and that makes it a lot better but I still get lots of stuck beans.   I was starting to wonder if maybe my Huky was defective, or maybe I'm just Huky illiterate.  Maybe this will help?

Yes.  It is available to anyone who wants one.  $30. including shipping.  Just email Mr. Li.

I don't use the T myself, so I can't address your issues with stuck beans.  Seems some people have 'em and some just don't.   

From what I see in the pictures, I don't think the Quick Connect will make your beans get stuck any less.  I think it will just mean it's easier to take the T off to clean the stuck beans out of the pipe.....  :-(

But....I am really just speculating.

Offline Johnny4lsu

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 06:22:47 PM »
I purchased the quick connect mainly because I'm not a fan of how my T seats with the tiny set screws. We shall see what this does
1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.

Offline rodraguirre

• Solid or Perf: Solid
  • Serial Number: 846
  • Charge Weight : 350g
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 07:14:06 PM »
I purchased the quick connect mainly because I'm not a fan of how my T seats with the tiny set screws. We shall see what this does

Same here. I'm also getting one

Offline Wayneg1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 09:31:17 PM »
I'm anxiously waiting to here the results of the quick disconnect.  Taking apart the T pipe is definitely a pain in the butt because of the tiny screws but I'm still baffled why some are having problems with stuck beans.  If I had to venture a guess it would be with the use of the fan during the roast.  I rarely raise the fan above a measured 50% in power.  I'm curious if those that are having stuck bean issues are pushing the fan power to much higher numbers.

Offline Johnny4lsu

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 06:59:24 AM »
The Huky fan is definitely overpowered. Charging with fan off helps for sure.

Offline Wayneg1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 07:59:10 AM »
I make sure that I close the damper right before I charge.  It just appeared to me that charging with the damper open could lead to beans bouncing into the pipe.  Once I've finished charging I open it right back up.

Resources

PRICING and FAQs

ARTISAN RESOURCES

PHIDGET INFORMATION

ROASTING GUIDES

ROASTING TERMINOLOGY

GREENS SOURCES

A FEW VIDEOS

Temperature Converter

Celsius:
Fahrenheit:
Kelvin:

Recent Topics

Rob Hoos article on Thermocouples by SusanJoM
August 31, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

CFM range for exhaust fan by edtbjon
August 30, 2017, 08:13:09 PM

Standard Stove - any ideas what to substitute it with at the European market? by hankua
August 30, 2017, 08:07:16 AM

Just Purchased, Hello from Claymont, DE! by hankua
August 30, 2017, 07:57:21 AM

Hello from Melbourne, Australia! by hankua
August 30, 2017, 07:55:07 AM

New to Roasting (opportunity to buy a Huky) by hankua
August 30, 2017, 07:52:18 AM

Hello from South Korea! by K.Brown
August 30, 2017, 05:40:09 AM

First Roast with Artisan, Feedback Appreciated by edtbjon
August 28, 2017, 04:17:34 AM

And another checklist to validate… by SusanJoM