Forum > Pictures

Please show me how you raise the vent bowl

(1/3) > >>

SusanJoM:
This vent bowl is giving me a hard time.

It seems to me that the legs are too short and/or the vent should be facing upwards, but obviously everyone else is figuring it out. 

But how?

The only thing I've been able to fashion so far is/are three styrofoam squares that I put under each leg, but honestly it is ugly and not very stable, so....What are you doing to deal with this?

edtbjon:
I remember you commenting this solution. Not pretty, but it works and it was very quick to assemble: "Nice legs". 3 strips of plywood and a few "cat stranglers". :) (Don't worry, I really like cats...)

SusanJoM:
I did, didn't I....and then I plumb forgot.
Perfect.
My cat calls them Zip Ties.

And I CAN do that....
Thank you for reminding me.

Susan

Johnny4lsu:
Plywood squares

edtbjon:

--- Quote from: Johnny4lsu on January 26, 2015, 08:53:59 PM ---Plywood squares

--- End quote ---
...which was (hmm... and still is) a temporary quickie solution. But I'm eagerly waiting for that new exhaust model which you don't have to move and reassemble at the start of each separate roast. That one is connected via a flexibe duct.
Not that I feel like spreading out the various apparatus (roaster/fan/computer/...) as my roasting space is a bit tight. But I do think that the exhaust fan/bowl assembly is crammed a bit too snug to the roaster. (Even too tight with the current model of the exhaust, but that is most definitely a design or rather construction flaw.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version