Forum > Pictures

Custom Venting + Cooling

(1/2) > >>

maplesyrup:
Long story, but I forgot to buy an exhaust bowl. As I roast in my basement, I was stumped until I went to Home Depot...

What you'll notice is my exhaust is using a 8" to 6" duct reducer, with a simple 6" vent cap for the bottom. The fan is inside the 8" section. This is 100% sealed and has eliminated all smoke (trier sampling excluded).

For the cooling, I cut a hole in a stainless Ikea bowl. I used the stand from the fan to get it to the right height and have an old vacuum that acts to cool it down. This gets turned on right before drop and captures any smoke that would escape when the door gets opened!

jeffgsd:
Very ingenious setup.  Glad you found a workaround - I may steal the idea!!!

Crzyworm623:
Nice job on that, looks really clean.

BoxAlarm:
Hey maplesyrup great MOD!
I was going to buy a squirrel cage blower for my cyclone chaff collector until i took a look at your MOD.
I used your idea I just reversed it. Mine sits on top of my cyclone and works great. I put this together in a hurry but now that I know this works i'll take it apart and refine it a bit. A very inexpensive MOD that powers up a cyclone very well. Thanks for the DYI idea. Roasting coffee is a lot of fun on the HUKY but modding these roasters is also very fun.

maplesyrup:
I really like how you made it work for a cyclone! I want to do the same, so it looks like we've helped each other!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version