Forum > Roasting

New Roast Profile Database Site: www.artisancoffeealliance.com

(1/7) > >>

JavaBuzz:
For several months now I've been working on a website for uploading, searching, and sharing roast profiles (currently Artisan profiles), as I believe this could be very helpful to the roasting community.

When roasting a brand new bean, I've often thought it would be great to have a profile I could look at as a baseline for where to start (or to compare my roast ideas against), but it can often be difficult finding this info in the forums. This problem is one of the "gaps" I hope this site can fill.

I have now made the website open for registration (most of the features of the site require login to access):
https://www.artisancoffeealliance.com

Screenshots and links to example profiles can be found on the main page linked above.

It would be great to have some roasters join, share their roast profiles, help to build the roast database, and offer suggestions/recommendations. I'm hoping the site can be a good companion site to hukyforum.com (and others).

So far we just have a small number of searchable roast profiles, but the more people share their profiles, the better! I have been making pretty significant improvements to the website almost weekly. A few hukyforum.com members have also been helpful with early testing and recommendations (special thanks to Gregr, kenneroast, and hankua).

SusanJoM:
Nice job.
 ;D

Susan

JavaBuzz:
Thanks Susan!  :)

I probably have over 300 hours into the site at this point. It was a lot bigger endeavor than I thought it would be when I started, but it's been a good learning experience.

I wanted to announce it here officially first because this has been such a great community, and I believe it could be especially helpful to home roasters (especially if people post profiles).

Will see what happens. :)

LTB:
Thanks for that idea !

I'll be glad to contribute, when I'll have some profils I'm proud about.

And I certainly find some inspiration there. Well, I'm juste talking, I have to look at the website :)
But anyway, thanks again.

SusanJoM:
You could put a link in the Roasting Theory, Practice, Questions, Profiles section of the forum and sticky it. 

I signed up;  I have no profiles to add so I'll taking more than I can give ,, but I'm really pleased to see this sort of infrastructure work. 

You go JavaBuzz.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version