Forum > Pictures

Propane tank indoors, safety help

(1/2) > >>

MedicMan613:
Hey all,

I am in a situation where my propane tank will be located inside. What did you all do for safety measures?

Thanks

SusanJoM:
I recommend some searches on 'gas', 'propane', 'safety', etc until you find what has been posted.  There have been rather a lot of conversations on the subject. 

hankua:
Turn it off after ever use.
Strap in in to a small stand.
Use a smaller size tank.
Check connections with soapy water.
Leave it outside when not in use (probably not practical in Canada?)

MedicMan613:

--- Quote from: hankua on January 23, 2017, 05:33:10 AM ---Turn it off after ever use.
Strap in in to a small stand.
Use a smaller size tank.
Check connections with soapy water.
Leave it outside when not in use (probably not practical in Canada?)

--- End quote ---

Those were the steps I suspected would come up. Summertime, no problems leaving it outside, however wintertime I will store it in the garage. I will bring it Inside a few hours prior to roast to allow it to warm up.

SusanJoM:
If you are going to attach and detach the tank with every session, you should become very friendly with your soap spray.   

I suspect that a stationary set-up might be safer than one which is taken apart and put back together each time, but I know propane is a bit scary.  Mine stays attached and the tank is indoors, but I also have two shut offs:  one at the tank and one at the stove;  and I bleed the hose of gas every time I shut it all off. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version