Forum > Pictures

Propane tank indoors, safety help

<< < (2/2)

hankua:
Another kind of safety issue is learning how to idle the machine at a somewhat fixed temperature. That way you can do other tasks while keeping the Huky ready to use.

edtbjon:
Just a quick question about (small) propane tanks and Canada. In Sweden, where we have similar climate, the "normal" propane is called "Gasol" and it have some butane mixed into it as an anti-freeze agent. Do you Canadiens have a similar product/solution?

MedicMan613:

--- Quote from: edtbjon on January 24, 2017, 05:13:13 AM ---Just a quick question about (small) propane tanks and Canada. In Sweden, where we have similar climate, the "normal" propane is called "Gasol" and it have some butane mixed into it as an anti-freeze agent. Do you Canadiens have a similar product/solution?

--- End quote ---

To be completely honest I am not sure. However many people here in rural areas heat their homes with propane and the massive tanks are stored outside.

edpiep:

--- Quote from: hankua on January 23, 2017, 05:33:10 AM ---Turn it off after ever use.
Strap in in to a small stand.
Use a smaller size tank.
Check connections with soapy water.
Leave it outside when not in use (probably not practical in Canada?)

--- End quote ---

All of this is good. Propane freezes at -44ºF, that being said I think certain cities have codes on how to store propane. I did the math and it's roughly 1.4 propane related accidents a day (taken in 2007) in the US (your odds of dying are 1 in 409,000ish), risk of fire is 1 in 6,700. So yeah, pretty small chances anything will happen if you check leaks regularly and don't keep it near anything heated above 115ºF and also don't keep it in -25ºF temps for a week  :P

I had similar questions on this as you can see. Enjoy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version