Forum > Beans

Honey Processed Coffee

<< < (4/4)

kctremel:
Awesome, at least I know what to expect out of that bean then :)

easygene:
Would really appreciate it if someone would report on how this bean tastes in the cup.  Either roasted for espresso or lighter for pourover.

hcm45:

--- Quote from: easygene on May 17, 2017, 07:17:48 AM ---Would really appreciate it if someone would report on how this bean tastes in the cup.  Either roasted for espresso or lighter for pourover.

--- End quote ---

Tasted not so good to me honestly. Was extremely pungent and fermented. Will not buy again. Tried various brew methods including espresso, drip, french, and standard cupping. I tried light roast(425 F) and darker roastt(450) and it was still intolerable. I tried blending too to mute the fermented taste and even with only 20% of this coffee the taste would not balance out and was unpleasant. I may try charring (French Roast) to see if I can make the cup balance.

easygene:
Ordered ten pounds, got it in and have roasted several roasts.

Similar results.  Still trying to hit the sweet spot.  So far haven't been able to balance, neither from very light for pour-over to very dark for espresso.

The folks I got this one from are exceptionally nice.  Here in a few weeks I intend letting them know results.  Could be they may have some constructive suggestions.
Then again my friends are enjoying these experiments.  They will be in coffee the rest of the summer 

Will not be so impulsive next time and will wait for cupping. hcm45 let us know how it goes

kctremel:
Just saw Sweetmarias.com has a new Colombian honey from different source. Maybe compare the two?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version