Forum > Roasting

Warped Stovetop from Used Huky + Missing Power Cord

<< < (2/3) > >>

SusanJoM:

--- Quote from: afelli on July 20, 2017, 08:17:58 PM ---The first four photos ("Huky Warp 2-5") below will show the four corners of the IR stove. You will see that three of the corners make contact with the tray, meaning it's flat, where one corner "lifts up" due to the warping that I am speaking of.

--- End quote ---

Okay, now I see what you mean. "Warp" usually means a distortion due to heat or dampness, which is why your original statement didn't make sense to me.  Sorry.  Good luck 

edtbjon:
Yes, now the "warp" makes sense. The burner is quite sturdy, so it takes quite a bit of force to make it warp like that. But I guess that you can bend it back into shape. To be on the safe side, you ought to take out the more fragile burner parts before attempting that bend. (Or take it to a workshop and have them help you...)
The motor AC/DC converter is a universal one. This one should be enough: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y1XUQMO?psc=1
But I do wonder if it's only the cord (from the wall to the converter) you're missing or if it's both the AC cord and the converter. (In the "stolen" pic below from another Amazon adapter, but only 1A.)
If it's only the cord, it should be available from something like Walmart (I'm not familiar with the US shopping scene, but here in Sweden there are similar chains of stores focusing on auto parts, tools etc. All of these chains are very cheap, focusing on chinese made items.)

afelli:

--- Quote from: edtbjon on July 21, 2017, 03:05:39 AM ---Yes, now the "warp" makes sense. The burner is quite sturdy, so it takes quite a bit of force to make it warp like that. But I guess that you can bend it back into shape. To be on the safe side, you ought to take out the more fragile burner parts before attempting that bend. (Or take it to a workshop and have them help you...)
The motor AC/DC converter is a universal one. This one should be enough: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y1XUQMO?psc=1
But I do wonder if it's only the cord (from the wall to the converter) you're missing or if it's both the AC cord and the converter. (In the "stolen" pic below from another Amazon adapter, but only 1A.)
If it's only the cord, it should be available from something like Walmart (I'm not familiar with the US shopping scene, but here in Sweden there are similar chains of stores focusing on auto parts, tools etc. All of these chains are very cheap, focusing on chinese made items.)

--- End quote ---

So - I had bought the cable you recommended, and unfortunately the diameter at the end is not the same, and it does not fit into the Huky.

Would anyone mind sending me a photo of the power cable they are using on their Huky? I would like to prevent the wrong purchase from happening again if possible!

I wonder if it's just going to come down to me waiting for 3 weeks for a new one from Mr. Li :(

SusanJoM:

--- Quote from: afelli on July 24, 2017, 07:08:34 PM ---I wonder if it's just going to come down to me waiting for 3 weeks for a new one from Mr. Li :(

--- End quote ---
What makes you think it would take three weeks?
Is that what Mr. Li told you?
I guess that could be true if he has to order it before he can send it to you, but at least two people recently have gotten their entire HUKY order in 8-10 days.   

beananimal:
It doesn't make sense to order the power supply from Mr. Li. It is a standard part.
The connectors diameter is Da = 5.5mm, di = 2.5mm. That is one of the usual ones.
There are many power supplies with a set of connectors to choose from.

Regarding warping:
Check the rubberfeet and try to turn them so that the "new" side is outside. Used rubberfeet are no more symetric. Depending which side is outside the Huky may sit deeper "in" the stove.
The Huky shall not wobble, but it is not earthquake solid fixed.

Note also:
Depending the position the Huky has on the stove (more to the front, or more to the back) it tilts a little bit forward or backwards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version