Forum > Roasting

How does the Huky IR Propane stove actually work?

(1/2) > >>

MasterKraus:
Newbie here. How does the IR stove actually work? The term infared is throwing me off here. It's a gas stove, right? The blue knob controls gas flow, so what's the black knob for other than to start it? Black knob shows 1 2 and 3 flames, which would suggest I should be using it to control heat?

Got it working and finished an inaugural roast, just don't really understand the hardware yet.

Thanks guys. . .

Chris

SusanJoM:
Open the blue knob wide and then use the black knob to ignite the flame.  My stove takes two tweaks of the Piezzi switch in the black knob.

Then leave the gas on 3 flames and make all of your adjustments with the blue knob.

MasterKraus:
Thanks, so only use the blue knob for control. Got it.

What is the black knob doing, aside from the starter? Considered turning it to one flame between roasts to back off temps for a new drop.

SusanJoM:
The stove is not HUKY specific.  It is an off the shelf stove which works with the HUKY.

So, the other two flames might well be brought to the fore by some users and for some applications, but just because they are there doesn't mean they have a purpose that relates to the HUKY.

edtbjon:
Yes, the stove is a standard small kitchen burner, modified by Mr Li for more precise control.
I tried using the 1 flame position, but that alters the pressure, so I gave it up. What I do these days is after I finished a roast (going for a next one...) I set the burner to my intended charge high setting and then turn it off. As the cheramic IR element is still hot after the few minutes it takes for the roaster to cool down to my intended charge temp, the burner normally fires up easily when I turn it on again (with the black knob). Just turn (click) and hold for a second or two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version