Forum > Roasting

How does the Huky IR Propane stove actually work?

<< < (2/2)

cgriffith:
To add more detail for OP, the burner is actually made up of two zones; an inner circle and outer ring.  The three settings are used to control how much heat to use when the stove is stock and used for cooking.  As edtbjon said, Mr. Li modifies the stove by adding fine control nob.  With the black nob on "one flame", only the inner circle is lit.  With the black nob on "two flame", only the outer circle is lit.  With the black nob on "three flames", both zones and thus entire burner is lit.  I do on occasion use the "one flame" setting.  If the temperature,  during warm up or between roasts,  is getting too hot, I usually drop down to "one flame" setting to keep the burner lit, but not producing enough heat to keep temp rising.  Then the temps starts to slowly drop.  When it reaches the temp I want I can, with some finesse, move back to "three flame" setting and have it stay lit.

MasterKraus:
Thanks for the insight!  So, I take it with the blue knob at your charge position and the black knob at "off" I am not leaking gas into my garage? I had wondered if the were a double choke or not and have been too cautious to leave it for too long at that setting.

Thanks,

-Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version