Author Topic: My Huky came, now it's time to piece it all together.  (Read 8625 times)

Offline edpiep

My Huky came, now it's time to piece it all together.
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:59:05 AM »
I got my Huky yesterday and spent most of the afternoon getting things unpacked and put together. I went and got a 20 lb. propane tank today to test the stove and gas etc. but I am having no results thus far. I assembled the line and modulator, attached them to the stove and tank but I am having issues getting gas to come out of the tank. I read the posts I could that referenced gas troubleshooting and stove issues but still have no flames coming off the burner with multiple lights. My thoughts are as follows:

1. The tank is cold (it has been around freezing the last week here in Oregon) and the propane needs a little time to warm up. This seems unfeasible though as propane is rated to liquify at -44º F.

2. There is a plug in the valve connection (also unlikely).

3. The first ignition of the stove has some special process that I do not know and have not found (this seems unlikely too lol...I've been wrong lot though).

I am miffed so far, the pressure doesn't rise on the meter when I turn the gas on AND open the needle valve. I don't hear any low hiss at all and I am not smelling any gas over the burner when the valve is open (I even let it sit for 10 seconds while open before I try the ignition switch). Is there any noise when the gas is turned on anyway? I have tested for gas leaks and there are none anywhere at this point so I am a bit confused. I also am unsure of what the brass push button does in between the valve connector threads and the regulator body. The regulator has a cool picture on the box it came in but alas I forgot all of my Taiwanese schooling that I never had which would help me read the writing transcribed upon it.

So yeah at this point my plan is: wait for an hour or so for the tank to like "regulate it's temp" and then try the whole thing again. Any input would be of maximum appreciation.

Here is a pic to enjoy of all my gear that came sitting on my "roasting station" i.e. dinner table

Offline edpiep

Re: My Huky came, now it's time to piece it all together.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »
HA! It was the rubber seal on the end of the screw in side of the modulator. Yay for doing the only thing I didn't before I posted my last post. I also found out what the brass button does, pressure release valve when the modulator nozzle engages the tank valve. ;) :-X

Offline .

• Solid or Perf: Perforated
  • Serial Number: 1107
  • J or T : T
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 12:19:53 PM »
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:30:58 PM by RobertL »

Offline edpiep

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 12:38:02 PM »
Yeah, that button hissed when I took this guy off and screwed in the nozzle ALL the way into the tank. The ring prevents that from happening otherwise.

IMG_4413-min.pdf

Offline edpiep

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 12:38:35 PM »
Yeah, that button hissed when I took this guy off and screwed in the nozzle ALL the way into the tank. The ring prevents that from happening otherwise.

IMG_4413-min.pdf

Oops.

Resources

PRICING and FAQs

ARTISAN RESOURCES

PHIDGET INFORMATION

ROASTING GUIDES

ROASTING TERMINOLOGY

GREENS SOURCES

A FEW VIDEOS

Temperature Converter

Celsius:
Fahrenheit:
Kelvin:

Recent Topics

Rob Hoos article on Thermocouples by SusanJoM
August 31, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

CFM range for exhaust fan by edtbjon
August 30, 2017, 08:13:09 PM

Standard Stove - any ideas what to substitute it with at the European market? by hankua
August 30, 2017, 08:07:16 AM

Just Purchased, Hello from Claymont, DE! by hankua
August 30, 2017, 07:57:21 AM

Hello from Melbourne, Australia! by hankua
August 30, 2017, 07:55:07 AM

New to Roasting (opportunity to buy a Huky) by hankua
August 30, 2017, 07:52:18 AM

Hello from South Korea! by K.Brown
August 30, 2017, 05:40:09 AM

First Roast with Artisan, Feedback Appreciated by edtbjon
August 28, 2017, 04:17:34 AM

And another checklist to validate… by SusanJoM