Author Topic: Just got my Huky 500T! and..................  (Read 37724 times)

Offline MJ5150

• Solid or Perf: Solid
  • Serial Number: 648
  • J or T : T
  • Charge Weight : one pound
Re: Just got my Huky 500T! and..................
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 07:28:38 PM »
I was having the issue with IE and Chrome. I tried another browser, Vivaldi, and the video shows up fine. I think it's an issue with Adobe Flash.

In regard to Win8, did you sign up for the free Win10 upgrade?

-Mike
1970's la Pavoni, Baratza Vario, Gino Dripper, Siphon, Bialetti Moka, Breville BES920XL.

Offline jeffgsd

• Roast Taste Repeat....
  • Solid or Perf: have both but now using the solid drum
  • Serial Number: 552
  • J or T : Have both - currently using J
  • Charge Weight : 340 - 454g
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 09:05:34 AM »
I was having the issue with IE and Chrome. I tried another browser, Vivaldi, and the video shows up fine. I think it's an issue with Adobe Flash.

In regard to Win8, did you sign up for the free Win10 upgrade?

-Mike

Thanks for the info.  No I didn't sign up for Win 10 yet.  I will check it out

Offline Daave

• Solid or Perf: Perforated
  • Serial Number: 704
  • J or T : J
  • Charge Weight : 350
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 07:40:49 AM »
I'm having this same motor noise issue on my regular Huky 500, but a little worse. I already loosened those hex bolts on my motor as much as I could without the proper tools, and the issue has already improved.

I ordered this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JTM9A5Q

That should help me re-seat the motor so that it doesn't vibrate like crazy anymore.

Offline MJ5150

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 03:32:56 PM »
I ordered this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JTM9A5Q

Wait!!! Don't do it. Didn't you read the description page?
It says: Used for helicopters, airplanes, cars, boats, particularly 450 Helicopters/ESKY CP V2 King 3.

:D

-Mike
1970's la Pavoni, Baratza Vario, Gino Dripper, Siphon, Bialetti Moka, Breville BES920XL.

Offline Daave

• Solid or Perf: Perforated
  • Serial Number: 704
  • Charge Weight : 350
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 04:24:41 PM »
Just a quick update. I was able to use that 5.5mm socket hex tool from Amazon to fix my noise (The same type that Vwynn had). I'd highly recommend that anyone with a Huky should just pick one up. You'll need it eventually if you ever have to replace the motor, so might as well get it so you have it if/when you need it.

Thanks, Vwynn, for starting this thread and easily pointing me at the solution!!

Offline vwynn

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 10:40:03 PM »
ah very nice that it helped... ill be looking to fix this problem eventually when i have time. So far ive been roasting and sometimes it makes a nastier higher pitch noise but ill ignore it for now....  :-X

Offline MJ5150

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 10:42:10 PM »
I picked up my deep well 5.5mm socket at Lowes tonight, for $3. I have a full afternoon of roasting scheduled for Sunday, so this will get done before then.

Thank you vwynn from me as well for bringing this up. I just thought it was normal.

-Mike

Offline thusband

• Serial Number: 712
  • Charge Weight : Varies
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2015, 09:35:52 PM »
I asked Mr. Li about the noise. This is a copy and paste of his reply to me....

Now the reason of noise, it should be the axis of the motor and the drum has some deviation.But not very serious.

The Solutions:

1.Loosen the three screws of the motor set.
2.Open the motor switch, (in motor operation) using 5.5mm hexagonal socket wrench(attach) to loosen the set screw of the motor (but not removed)
3.Continue to operate for a while, the noise should be reduced,
4.Re-tighten the screws.

He also included this picture:

-Mike

So did this fix your issue?  I'm in the same boat and Mr. Li told me to do the same thing.  I guess my questions are how much do I loosen the screws and if the noise goes away how much and when do I re-tighten them?  Did you loosen the screws while the motor was running so you could tell when to stop?

Offline MJ5150

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 10:35:38 PM »
]

So did this fix your issue?  I'm in the same boat and Mr. Li told me to do the same thing.  I guess my questions are how much do I loosen the screws and if the noise goes away how much and when do I re-tighten them?  Did you loosen the screws while the motor was running so you could tell when to stop?

No, it did not fix the issue. It was a little quieter for a few minutes, then right back to that grinding sounds.

I loosened the screws just barely, then all the way back you where they were finger tight while trying to stop the noise.

I did not loosen the screws while the motor was running.

I plan to contact Mr. Li for his advice onin how to make the grinding sounds stop.

-Mike

Offline thusband

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 05:47:26 AM »
That's frustrating and doesn't bode well for my situation.  My socket from Amazon should be here today so I'll give it a try.  This will need to get fixed as can barely hear 1st C the way it is now.  I wonder if the misalignment occurs during transit or does it get out of Mr. Li's shop that way?  Either way the Huky isn't inexpensive.

Offline Gregr

• Serial Number: 275
  • Charge Weight : 454
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 08:35:03 AM »
Just wanted to say sorry you guys are having trouble- hopefully you'll get things working smoothly here soon. And also thanks for posting how things go, and that photo- I'm sure this will help people in the future.
Huky, Pasquini G4, Compak K10

Offline jvietri

• Solid or Perf: Both - using solid
  • Charge Weight : 454g
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 10:29:02 AM »
Ugh..  I'm expecting my Huky any day...  At this point I am bracing myself.....  Appreciate you guys sharing your experience.   Ordered my sockets yesterday as it sounds like I will need them.

Thx.
jv

Offline MJ5150

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 10:56:47 AM »
Let me add too I have been completely impressed with Mr. Li as he helps me troubleshoot the issue. I get prompt replies to my e-mails (taking into consideration the time difference between his home and mine), and he is thorough with his instructions.

I wonder if some of this is due to the increasing popularity of the Huky, and new orders he is receiving. I was missing a couple parts in my box, received a part I did not order (which I promptly paid for), and a t-pipe weld joint was broken on mine (after reviewing photos, he determined it was a mistake in the build, not shipping damage). Mr. Li promptly sent me the missing parts, and made a comment about the 'mistake of progress'. He has my money, I have my roaster. He could just as easily blow me off or tell me that's how it is with the noise.

-Mike

Offline edtbjon

• Solid or Perf: Solid (Perforated in the closet)
  • Serial Number: 498
  • J or T : J (Trying out a Cyclone)
  • Charge Weight : 300-400g
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 11:25:19 AM »
Let me add too I have been completely impressed with Mr. Li as he helps me troubleshoot the issue. I get prompt replies to my e-mails (taking into consideration the time difference between his home and mine), and he is thorough with his instructions.

I don't know about how he sells and promotes these machines in Taiwan, but for the rest of the world it seems like just about every sale he makes comes from "word of mouth" and a good reputation in e.g. this and other forums. Both these values are excellent for a seller to have behind him when they are positive. A negative feedback or rumour is much worse. Mr. Li seems to know that and he's trying his best to keep up his very good record.
I've had no real issues with my machine and I'm impressed with the way he seems to handle any issues with his machines.
B.t.w. I showed a picture from my íPhone to the owner of a micro-roastery. Her reply was: "Hey, that's a real (proper) roaster." But I'm still drowling over her immaculate IR25... :)
Now, dare I roast even lighter?

Offline thusband

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 11:32:19 AM »
I agree. Mr. Li has been excellent in responding to my emails.  I think MJ5150 nailed it about quality issues becoming more visible as he ramps up.

I'm still waiting for my tool from Amazon but I did remove the motor cover to take a look.  While I had it tilted I turned the motor on and in addition to the high pitched rubbing sound it was now making a new horrible clunking sound like something was blocking the rotation.  It didn't stop the rotation but it didn't sound good.  I shined a flashlight but couldn't tell where the hang up was.  After I set it upright the sound seemed to stop.  Also I noticed several beans on the table, some in pieces.  Maybe the beans were wedged in somehow?

Please keep us updated on your progress and I'll do the same.

Resources

PRICING and FAQs

ARTISAN RESOURCES

PHIDGET INFORMATION

ROASTING GUIDES

ROASTING TERMINOLOGY

GREENS SOURCES

A FEW VIDEOS

Temperature Converter

Celsius:
Fahrenheit:
Kelvin:

Recent Topics

Rob Hoos article on Thermocouples by SusanJoM
August 31, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

CFM range for exhaust fan by edtbjon
August 30, 2017, 08:13:09 PM

Standard Stove - any ideas what to substitute it with at the European market? by hankua
August 30, 2017, 08:07:16 AM

Just Purchased, Hello from Claymont, DE! by hankua
August 30, 2017, 07:57:21 AM

Hello from Melbourne, Australia! by hankua
August 30, 2017, 07:55:07 AM

New to Roasting (opportunity to buy a Huky) by hankua
August 30, 2017, 07:52:18 AM

Hello from South Korea! by K.Brown
August 30, 2017, 05:40:09 AM

First Roast with Artisan, Feedback Appreciated by edtbjon
August 28, 2017, 04:17:34 AM

And another checklist to validate… by SusanJoM